StatCounter

Friday, September 8, 2017

Trust in God



I've been paying close attention to the situation in Florida. There's something that a lot of people said that's driving me nuts. Over and over I hear people on barrier islands that say they are going to stay. The best scientific evidence indicates they should evacuate. History has shown that those islands should be evacuated.

Some say they trust in God so they are staying.

I'm a man of faith. I believe in miracles. However, I'd be evacuating out of those islands. Heck, I'd have left two days ago.

That does not mean I lack faith. The way I see it is that God gave me gifts and he wants me to use them. One of my gifts is a fully functional brain. God expects me to use that brain to make good decisions.

Not only that, as a former firefighter, I feel for those guys who'll have to recover bodies. Trust me, It's never fun to haul out mangled drowned human beings. Do those first responders a solid and save them the burden. I still get nightmares years later.

-Sixbears

9 comments:

  1. Amen. When somebody does something stupid, I'm always reminded of the verse "Tempt not the Lord thy God."

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be a way to weed the idiots out of the human evolution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Gorges. And no, Dizzy, the idiots have a way of surviving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a fine line between faith and presumption.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Off subject here... saw this one and thought of you.
    https://www.craigslist.org/about/best/phx/6100073306.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! Grandpa must have been an interesting old cuss.

      Delete