StatCounter

Monday, September 11, 2017

Florida Memories



A few years ago we sailed our Oday 19 down the west coast of Florida. We put in at Bayport, which is about 30 miles north of Tarpon Springs. We sailed all the way down to Bahia Honda in the Keys.

This photo is of the old bridge. It was a great place to look over the ocean. At night the islands looked like a string of pearls in the ocean.

Every evening we'd gather on the beach with other boaters staying in the marina. This was a typical sunset. The crew would bring snacks and we'd drink sundowners.

This state park is on the dirty side of the hurricane. Landfall was just to the west of it. I've no idea how it looks now.

My lovely wife and I have a lot of great memories of the Florida Gulf Coast and the Keys. We'd planned on going back to a lot of the same places this winter. Maybe we will, but it just might break my heart.

Lots of friends in family still in Florida. It will be a day or two before I know how everyone makes out.

-Sixbears

6 comments:

  1. Can you imagine the prayers for that state tonight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still have a lot of people to pray for. Haven't heard from some folks yet.

      Delete
  2. I hope everyone is safe and that you hear from them soon. Prayers goin' up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can feel their pain, believe me! My prayers go out to all those folks!

    Wishing the best for your people still there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you say you feel their pain, it's not just a saying. Can't believe Harvey was just a couple weeks ago. So much is happening.

      Delete