StatCounter

Friday, July 28, 2017

Acupuncture follow up



Last week, out of frustration with the slow rate of healing in my leg, I went to an acupuncturist. I was so happy with the results that I just had my second appointment. Also scheduled a third, but we will see how it goes after that. While the leg is far from all better, it is quite a bit better. There is less pain and swelling.

I'm finally able to stay on my feet more, walk further, and get more done. There have been a couple of unpleasant discoveries. One is that after months of being laid up, I'm out of condition. No surprise there. The only thing to do is to work and sweat until it comes back. It actually feels good to work up a sweat doing things.

The second thing that has to happen is learning to walk all over again. Sure, I've been walking, but with a constant limp. Getting my normal gait back requires being aware of how I walk. My balance still isn't 100%, but that too is coming.

My lovely wife, knowing my balance isn't quite right, talked me into hiring a friend to do a minor roof repair. As a pig headed independent cuss that wasn't easy to do. She is right, as the last thing I need is to get re-injured and have to start all over again.

-Sixbears

8 comments:

  1. Wife is making sense. Not a good time to have a set back when you are getting back into your game. Take it slow and easy until you get your 'sea legs' back. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wife usually makes sense, but I don't always want to listen.

      Thanks, you have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear about the acupuncture. Those ancient Chinese passed on some great healing techniques.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a matter of looking at the whole person, not just bits and pieces. All I know is that it's made a huge difference for me.

      Delete
  3. Smart woman. take her advice and stay off of high places. Glad you found something that works. I noticed the older we get the harder it is to heal. We just don't bounce back fast anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 20 years ago I probably would have shrugged off the original injury. Okay, 30 years ago? Anyway, for an older fat guy I'm generally pretty healthy.

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear things are better. Good idea about the roof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good idea, so we know it's my wife's. :)

      Delete