StatCounter

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

The last of the year



Christmas is over, but all my family is here until New Years. I've been kicking my cold, but it knocked my lovely wife back a bit. She took a day off to recover. She's doing better today than yesterday so that's a good thing.

We are dog sitting my daughter's new pup while they are visiting my son-in-law's folks at their condo. He's going to get some skiing in while there. They should be back with us sometime in the evening.

A storm is on the way in. The weathermen are predicting between 12 and 16 inches of snow. That should keep us busy tomorrow. I made a quick run into town to pick up a few more groceries and to fuel up the car.

I'm watching the last of 2016 limp off into the sunset. I hope 2017 is better than the year we just had. However, judging from past trends, it's going to get worse before it gets better. There is always opportunity in adversity. It's just a matter of keeping one's eyes open.

Christmas was pretty good overall. The best part was seeing all the kids having fun. I hadn't seen one of my grandkids since he was a baby. The little guy's pushing four now. Once he goes back to California I don't know when I'll see him again. Skype is nice, but it isn't the same.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas. New Years is just around the corner.

-Sixbears

10 comments:

  1. Glad you've been having some family time. Hope your wife gets better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's on the mend. Today is much better than yesterday. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I hope you have a pleasant new year too. 2016 was a rough roller coaster ride. Family and loved ones are what it is all about. I hope your wife (and you) recover soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU

    MAY YOUR MORNING HANGOVER BE PAINLESS

    Wildflower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nice thought! Thanks, and Happy New Year to you too.

      Delete
  4. Wishing you good health and bright blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just finished reading news that Maine is buried under two feet of snow. I'm hoping you have some able bodied helpers visiting who can help dig you out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter was shoveling while I was still in bed. That was nice.

      Delete