StatCounter

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Focusing on the Domicile



So it's freezing rain right now and there's still fresh snow on the ground. Welcome to spring in the North Country.

I am getting anxious to get some home projects done. It's much more fun to think about sailboat projects, but the house is crying for attention. In the six months we were away the deck has really gone downhill. Maybe if I'd been around last fall and finished the repairs I'd started it would still be usable. The smart thing, but not the cheap thing, will be to replace most of the structure. While I hate to spend the money, we do spend an awful lot of time on our deck so it'll be worth it.

There's a chimney project that I hope to do over the weekend. The weather should be warmer so I can shut down the furnace while doing repairs. I've also been waiting for my shoulder to heal up a bit more before working with brick. The repairs need to be done before starting up the kitchen woodstove. There are still plenty of heating days left before the really nice weather gets here.

The garden area need work before planting. Rock walls need to be reconstructed to keep the garden from falling into the yard.

The beach area really could use a good boat dock.

I've saved up materials to build a small greenhouse. Perhaps it'll get done now as the price of food is high and the darn materials are in my way.

Okay . . . I know I said I wasn't going to think too much about sailing, but the little Ooze Goose scow really needs a sailing rig . . .

-Sixbears

6 comments:

  1. Priorities my friend (except when fun interrupts)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I don't play now and then, there's no reason for living on the lake.

      Delete
  2. You know the old saying, "all work and no play . . . ", right? So, I guess we can not call you a dull boy, can we?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do my best, Dizzy. Besides, I'm allergic to real work. :)

      Delete
  3. Funny how things can stack up on us, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Work stacks up even when I'm away. That shouldn't happen.

      Delete