StatCounter

Monday, February 8, 2016

Where do we go from here?



We are going to the Bahamas. A year ago my lovely wife booked us on a mini cruise. I was a little ticked off as I'd planned to sail our own boat there. As luck would have it, we don't have a boat to sail to the Bahamas anymore.

I'd better shut up and enjoy the cruise.

It will give us a couple weeks to decompress and rethink our plans.

We've a few days free before we head out. There's a lot of paperwork and shopping to sort out before we go. Can't live in just shorts, T-shirts and flip flops.

People have been really nice and helpful. Today I was given a laptop to replace the one that I lost. It needs a new keyboard, but replacements are readily available. In fact, one's currently on order from Amazon.

Slowly we are getting our act together.

-Sixbears

14 comments:

  1. Bizarre how things work out sometimes. Sounds like just what the doctor ordered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. All things considered. We shall see what we shall see.

      Delete
  3. They say it is best to get right back on after the horse bucks you off. You'll need to start perusing the boats for sale classifieds as soon as the lap-top is sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've got to figure out exactly what we want to do. Right now my lovely wife is still shaken a bit and she'll need a little time to sort out her feelings. Besides, we took a financial hit with this that will take months to sort out.

      Delete
  4. Although the Bahamas aren't like they used to be they're still enjoyable, so I hope you can relax and enjoy the cruise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got low expectations so I'm not going to stress about it.

      Delete
  5. TexasAnn (Hermit's Baby Sis)February 8, 2016 at 9:41 AM

    So sorry, Sixbears - just getting caught up with the blogs after a long week with Mama. So I'm just now aware of the loss of your new boat, and the adventures that went along. You and the lovely wife are resilient folks, and will bounce, er .. float back again, I'm sure.
    Enjoy the Bahamas - maybe someday you WILL sail your own boat there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the loss of your mom. I'm sure that's commanded your attention.

      We are fine. Just have some stuff to sort out.

      Delete
  6. Enjoy the time with the wife on the cruise. Oh watch out for the internet charges on ship it's expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the head's up. I know they can nickle and dime you to death with fees.

      Delete
  7. My wife and I visit the islands annually on cruise ships, really can’t beat their cost vs flying and motel and meals on your own. Yes it’s very touristy but a nice change.

    Do you have your Passports with you? I think you’ll need them.

    Until then, sit back, plan on a new or maybe a slightly larger boat and maybe some new or used Chart/GPS electronics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our passports were in my lovely wife's purse -the purse that I shoved in our ditch back. Glad I don't have to replace those.

      Just mailed in the paperwork for getting a copy of my driver's license. Should be waiting for me when we get back.

      I'd cross on a smaller boat, but I'm a bit nuts. :)

      Delete