StatCounter

Friday, November 20, 2015

Made it!



My lovely wife and I made it back to New Hampshire. We left Florida Wednesday at noon and arrived at my daughter's 39 hours later. We encountered rain all the way. It was a long slow drive, but we made it in safely.

American highways get weirder every year it seems. For example, Thursday night in Connecticut we encountered a car driving without headlights at night and in the rain. Want to make a bet that they were impaired too?

Lots to catch up on.

-Sixbears

12 comments:

  1. Glad you made it without incident. So where is this boat you bought now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sitting in a marina in Ft. Myers FL. I'm thinking of leaving my vehicle here in NH and renting a car. That way I won't have to worry about storing one down in FL. Besides, we might sail up the ICW in the spring and keep the boat further north. That way it's a shorter drive in the fall. Life makes more sense at sailboat speed.

      Delete
  2. A good trip is good only if it ends well. Glad yours did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We saw some amazing accidents on the side of the road. Glad it wasn't us.

      Delete
  3. :) any landing you can walk away from is a good landing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many of the construction zones are down right dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you made it back safe. Hope everything at home was "shipshape".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't even checked out the house yet. My daughter and her husband bought a house next to theirs and are renovating it. We are staying there for the short time we'll be in NH.

      Delete
  6. I'd like your advice on houseboats. Thinking of buying one in MA and sailing it to FL - PM me on graemesmith @ comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete