StatCounter

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Old Friends



Recently, old friends and I have reconnected. An old friend of mine that I know from my Firefighter days sent a letter. He had a partial address, but the letter still eventually made it to me -forwarded from NH to FL. Now we have our e-mail addresses, so that's good..

Also got in phone contact with another friend who I haven't seen in over a year. We had a crazy year of mismatching schedules, plus he's had some serious health issues. However, talking to him on the phone it's like we just saw each other yesterday.

Another buddy of mine sent me a photo from his home in KY. They got buried by a recent snowstorm. He jury rigged an old door to the front of a Korean War era jeep and plowed his driveway with it. We'd hoped to connect with him and his wife, but decided to go directly south this year to get out of the cold.
Maybe we'll be able to meet up on our way back.

I've been e-mailing and calling a lot of my friends lately. It takes a little effort to keep in touch, but if you don't the years zip on by and all contact is lost. Way back in the 70s I was hand writing letters to stay in touch with people. I'm glad I did. I think I should do that again, for old times sake if nothing else.

I'm not a big fan of High School reunions. The main attraction is to reconnect with people you haven't seen in years. I've pretty much kept in touch with those I want to keep in touch with. Some folks I'm perfectly happy losing touch with.

There's an old saying: friends help you move. Good friends help you move bodies..

It's good to have friends.

-Sixbears

4 comments:

  1. If good friends help you move bodies and you're trying to reconnect, something sounds suspicious! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still keep up with a few folks from college and the Marine Corps, but as the years pass there are fewer of them still around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had to make some younger friends as too many of my old friends have taken the big sleep. Damn, I miss them.

      Delete