StatCounter

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

One in the hand





I love these little guys. Chickadees always cheer me up on a winter's day. This is one of the things I do rather than watch television.




This is a Red Breasted Nuthatch making a quick exit. He's a bossy little bird that demands respect from the Chickadees.


Only wish I had my camera handy the day two Blue Jays and a Squirrel were fighting over the seeds. While they were going at it the little birds were darting in and out and making off with the loot.

Chickadees were landing on my finger even before my wife decided to start feeding them. They are friendly birds. Now I can't do anything outside without putting out a handful of seeds first. If I don't they buzz all around me. Can't even check the mail without them sitting on the mailbox.

-Sixbears

10 comments:

  1. What a blessing to have some feathers friends in all that snow! Blessing for you and for them, as well. Must be you have a calm soul...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I have a calm soul, but mostly I have sunflower seeds. :)

      Delete
  2. nice to see

    Wildflower

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to have to try that. I have had a feeder up for them for about 5 Yrs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't take that long to get them used to it.

      Delete
  4. Oh what a beautiful sight!! You have those birds "eating out of your hand".

    ReplyDelete
  5. My wife started feeding hummingbirds.
    Those little guys are cute also, but they're also mean as can be when it comes to sharing their feeders.
    A hummingbird will stake a claim to a feeder and defend it against all the other hummingbirds. It's fun to watch them dive-bombing the birds that try to use "their" feeder.
    They're like 5 pounds of attitude packed into a 1 ounce body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't use hummingbird feeders, but we keep a lot of potted flowers on the deck so have constant visitors.

      Delete