StatCounter

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Designed for shoddy construction

Did some plumbing today at my friend's. One of the things we did today was to install the shower plumbing.

It took a bit longer than normal to figure out how to install the mixing valve. The illustrations didn't make much sense to me. Then I came to a realization. The extra parts I couldn't figure out were designed for fast and shoddy installation. Instead of putting in proper bracing, the mixing valve could be installed on little more than drywall. Of course, it wouldn't hold up against even normal use, but it would work long enough to sell the house.

The shower plumbing is of acceptable quality. After all, most of those parts are visible. It only took us a bit longer to install them securely. I could not help but wonder how many plumbers took the quick and shoddy way out.

-Sixbears

2 comments: