StatCounter

Friday, August 13, 2010

That warm feeling

I'm nearing the end of my wood splitting. It's a good feeling. Firewood piled up is better than money in the bank -more real.

Could have probably finished it off this morning, but decided to listen to the early warning my back sent out. When I didn't listen to it, I did 6 months physical therapy to get near to normal. Live and learn. Even this old bear can be taught new tricks.

They say wood warms you more than once. That's true, but what they don't tell you is that it warms you during the summer when you don't need it. Worked up a good sweat.

I've got just about enough wood to last the winter. More, if my lovely wife and I decide to close the place and head south. Used to do it, and have come to miss travel the last couple years. Family business keep us up north.

Much depends on our financial situation, and the situation of the country. Would hate to be caught on the road during a SHTF situation.

Good to have firewood, just in case.

-Sixbears

1 comment:

  1. Good to have it down here too. I went through a cord last winter! We need a good storm to bring down some trees, the pickings have been pretty slim lately...

    ReplyDelete