StatCounter

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Simple but effective

Today I installed a new clothesline. No big deal, right? A rope between two trees could do the job.

I must admit to having gone all out on this one: really nice non corroding ball bearing pulleys, and 100 feet of brand new of clothesline rope. It's set in place with heavy eye bolts. Steel cable and cable locks attach the pulleys to the eye bolts. It runs from my porch across the property to a big hemlock tree fifty feet away. There's a nice place to hang the clothespin bag. Everything is handy.

There's been a clothesline at the house for years. It was less than half the size of my new one. It wasn't in an ideal spot as it was shaded most of the day. Back when it was set up, the main concern was that it was hidden from the road.

Today I finally figured out that I don't care if someone sees my clothes from the road. It's none of their business. What's more important is that the clothesline is in the best place for drying clothes.

It's a small thing in the big scheme of things, but every little bit helps.

Maybe it'll lower property values and I can save a few bucks on taxes too!

-Sixbears

2 comments:

  1. A man after after my own heart. To hell with what people think about your clothes drying on the line. Getting that Sun to them is what it is all about. Wishin you much success in your clothes drying venture.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far, so good. Makes sense to do laundry on sunny days. The sun also shines on solar electric panels that power the washer.

    ReplyDelete