StatCounter

Friday, February 26, 2010

Should have seen it coming

Yesterday I do a post about power outages. Tonight I'm sitting around wondering if the power will go out.

Thursday morning there was about 6 - 8 inches of new heavy wet snow. The top of my driveway was blocked by a tangle of downed tree branches. Just to make it more interesting, after the branches came down, the town plow jumbled them all together into a massive snow bank. Yes, that massive pile of branches and snow was at the end of my driveway. Fortunately, my vehicles were parked across the street in my other parking spot.

It took a chainsaw and a shovel to clear the mess. On the plus side, I cut up the branches and have been burning them in my kitchen woodstove. Waste not, want not.

My wife had a physical therapy two towns over. Took the big 4x4. Roads were good on the way in, but not on the way back. Rain turned to snow and iced the roads. A big tractor trailer went off the road about a mile from my house. No one hurt. We took it easy and had no problems.

Made sure to top off the batteries in the battery bank. We are fine on food. Don't have to be anywhere all day Friday, so that's a relief.

Right now it's raining hard, should turn to snow later.

I'll post if anything interesting happens with the storm.

-Sixbears

No comments:

Post a Comment